- Portion size 6 servings
- 3 baking potatoes peeled and cubed (about 1 pound/ 500 g)
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch (8 ounces/ 250 g) collard greens
- 1 chorizo sausage thinly sliced (7 ounces/ 200 g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In large saucepan, bring potatoes, onion, water, parsley and salt to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
In blender or food processor or using immersion blender, purée soup, in batches, and return to pan.
Meanwhile, trim off stems and ribs from collard greens. Shred leaves finely. Add shredded leaves, sausage and pepper to purée soup. Cook until greens are tender, about 20 minutes.
Gently stir in oil.