- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 15 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 4 (125 g each) Minute Rice® Ready to Serve Vegetable Medley Cups
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini , chopped (about 3 cups/750 mL)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) minced garlic
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook zucchini and garlic, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender-crisp.
Add rice; cook, stirring, for 1 or 2 minutes or until combined. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over top. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
1. For added protein, stir in 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) drained and rinsed chickpeas or 1 cup (250 mL) chopped cooked chicken.
2. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) dried Italian seasoning blend if desired.
Nutritional facts Per serving
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 520 mg
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 12 g
- Calories 360
- Total fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Total carbohydrate 47 g