Brighten up a table with this colourful Thai dish.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Arctic Gardens
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup cashew
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) chicken cut into strips (thighs or breasts)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- 1 bag of Arctic Gardens Thai style stir fry vegetables
- 2 tablespoons peanut or cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup regular or Thai basil finely chopped
MethodIn a large frying pan or wok, heat oil on medium-high heat and roast cashew for 5 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
Raise the heat to high and brown the chicken with garlic and ginger. Set aside in a large bowl
Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir-fry the vegetables at high heat until they have thawed.
Add to the chicken.
Mix all ingredients in the sauce.
Return the pan back to the heat and add the cooked ingredients to the sauce. Bring to a boil and stir to thicken.
Transfer the chicken and vegetables into the sauce. Reheat by stirring gently.
Garnish with roasted cashews and basil and serve.