Swapping plain pita chips for tortilla chips turns leftover chicken into a fun twist on nachos. If you want these bites to be less spicy, decrease the amount of chopped jalapeños to 1 tbsp.
- Portion size 30 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2013
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped drained pickled jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 30 whole wheat pita chips
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 plum tomato seeded and finely chopped
MethodStir together chicken, jalapeños, lime juice and chili powder.
Arrange pita chips on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Top each with some of the chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Top with sour cream and tomato.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 65 mg
- Sugars trace
- Protein 4 g
- Calories 42.0
- Potassium 40 mg
- Cholesterol 11 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 2 g
- Iron 1.0
- Folate 1.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 2.0