- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon vegetabIe oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cooked black bean
- 3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs unshelled
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- 1 (19 ounces/ 540 ml) tomatoes
In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, yellow pepper, chili powder and oregano, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with spoon. Stir in beans, water, tomato paste, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
With spatula, shape 4 nests in mixture. Crack 1 egg into each; cook for about 8 minutes or until whites are almost set. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes or until whites are just set but yolks are still runny.
Sprinkle with coriander.