- Portion size 4 servings
- 6 gingerroot
- 1/4 cup (Japanese wine)
- 1 (1-1/2 to 2 lbs/750 g to 1 kg)
- 4 oz piece daikon radishes thinly sliced
- 1 starfruit seeded and thinly sliced
- 8 kumquats seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons kumquat oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seeded and minced red chili pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaf
- 2 tablespoons crushed toasted peanuts
In large stockpot, bring 2 cups (500 mL) water with ginger and rice wine to boil. Add lobster and steam 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; let cool. Shell meat, reserving tamale (liver), and roe, if any. Slice tail and claw meat and combine with shredded body meat, tamale and roe.
Arrange daikon and starfruit on platter; top with lobster meat. Sprinkle with kumquat slices, celery, green onions and pepper.
In small bowl, whisk together kumquat oil, vinegar, chili and fish sauce. Spoon over lobster meat. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and peanuts.