- Portion size 30 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped good-quality bittersweet chocolate (such as Lindt)
- 1/3 cup chopped good-quality milk chocolate (such as Lindt)
- 1/3 cup chopped good-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt)
MethodIn large bowl, beat butter with granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat in vanilla and egg.
Into separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture.
Stir in bittersweet chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate. Form into 10-inch (25 cm) log; wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Using sawing motion with sharp knife, cut log into generous 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices. Place, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheets.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until firm, 10 to 11 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes; transfer to racks and let cool completely.
Nutritional facts Per cookie: about
- Sodium 18 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 48.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Potassium 13 mg
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g
- Iron 1.0
- Folate 3.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Vitamin A 2.0