Two-bite skewers are always a hit. With these simple marinade variations, you can be sure to please all tastes.
- Portion size 24 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2009
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Citrus Herb Marinade:
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
MethodCitrus Herb Marinade: In large bowl, whisk together fresh coriander, oil, lemon and orange rinds, lemon and orange juices, garlic, ground coriander and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
Cut chicken into forty-eight 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes; add to marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Onto each of 24 small skewers or sturdy toothpicks, thread 2 chicken cubes. Place, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with remaining marinade in bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Broil, turning once, until chicken is browned and no longer pink inside, 6 to 8 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per skewer: about
- Sodium 63 mg
- Protein 6 g
- Calories 47.0
- Total fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 17 mg
- Saturated fat trace
- Total carbohydrate trace
- Iron 1.0
- Vitamin C 2.0