Bake Fest 2009
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Bake Fest 2009
Basic Pizza Crust:
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 pkg (7 g) Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cups very warm water (about 120Â°F/50Â°C)
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Rightblend Canola & Olive Oil Blend
- 1 tablespoon BeeHive® Corn Syrup
- 1 batch Basic Pizza Crust (recipe above)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Janes Meal Makers Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomato
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
MethodBasic Pizza Crust:
1. Blend flour, yeast and salt in a food processor fitted with metal blade. Stir together water, oil and corn syrup. With motor running, slowly pour in the water mixture. Mix for 30 to 60 seconds or until ball forms. Knead the dough on lightly floured surface for 2 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Dough is now ready to use (no rising or resting required).
Tip: Dough can be mixed by hand, starting with 1 cup (250 mL) of flour and adding the rest gradually. Knead for about 4 minutes.
1. Roll out dough to fit greased 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan. Blend together sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, mayonnaise, parsley and mustard until combined. Stir in half of the Cheddar and mozzarella and spread over prepared crust.
2. Scatter chicken strips, grape tomatoes and green onions over the pizza. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese. Bake on bottom rack in 450°F (230°C) oven, for 14 to 16 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly.