Tried and true, this staple, mashed to fluffiness and flecked with fresh parsley, is just the partner to sop up the delicious vegetable sauce of the hamburger dish.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 4 baking potatoes (2 lb/1 kg)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (optional)
Peel potatoes; cut into large chunks. In large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes for about 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain well.
With potato masher, mash potatoes with milk, butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Serve sprinkled with parsley.