The refreshing flavor of mint perks up cucumber slices.
- Portion size 8 servings
- 2 medium cucumbers peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Halve cucumbers lengthwise; remove seeds and slice thinly. In sieve, sprinkle cucumbers with salt ; let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. In bowl, toss cucumbers with onions, mint, lemon juice, oil and vinegar. (Recipe can be prepared ahead and refrigerated for up to 8 hours. Bring to room temperature before continuing.) Taste and adjust seasoning.