Fall Roasted Vegetables
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Loreene Jalbert
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups parsnips
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh snipped
- 2 teaspoons marjoram freshly snipped
- 2 teaspoons thyme freshly snipped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary freshly snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups squashes peeled, seeded,
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 sprig fresh thyme optional
Methodprepare vegetables slicing carrots and parsnip 1 inch thick, on the bias & squash into 1-1/2 inch pieces. In a large saucepan cook carrots & parsnip in a small mount of water for 3 min.,Drain.
Transfer carrots & parsnip to 13X9X2" baking pan. Sprinkle with parsley & other herbs & salt. Drizzle with oil, toss gently to coat all vegetables, cover with foil.
Bake at 375* for 30 min., stir vegetables once.Stir in squash pieces, cover again & cook for 20 min. more or until all vegetables are barely done, remove from oven.
Increase oven to 450 degrees F. Stir in brown sugar; combine all vegetables. Return to oven, uncovered, bake for 15-20 min. until all vegetables are tender & glazed. Transfer to serving dish, & if desired garnish with fresh sprig of thyme.