- Portion size 4 servings
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 6-inch (15 cm) baguette cubed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped caper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
MethodIn large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until tender but firm, about 10 minutes. Reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid, drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in food processor, chop baguette until pea-size; set aside.
In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry crumbs and garlic until garlic is golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in capers, parsley and lemon juice. Add to drained pasta along with reserved cooking liquid; heat through. Sprinkle with
cheese. Makes 4 servings.