- Portion size 6 servings
- 1 lb new red potato (unpeeled)
- 1 lb green bean trimmed
- 1 1/2 lb fresh tuna fillet sliced 1/4-inch thick (or 3 cans white tuna packed in water)
- 5 plum tomatoes cut into sixths
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs quartered
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Dressing: In bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, anchovy paste, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Set 2 tablespoons (25 mL) aside.
In pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes or just until tender. Remove with slotted spoon; let cool slightly. Quarter and set aside.
In same pot, cook green beans for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain; refresh under cold running water.
On greased grill, cook tuna for 3-4 minutes, turning once and basting with reserved dressing. Remove from grill and tent with foil to keep warm.
Assembly: On big serving platter arrange mounds of potatoes, green beans, quarters of tomatoes, eggs, red onion and olives. Fan tuna in centre of plate. Drizzle remaining dressing over top.