A delicious version of the traditional Huevos Rancheros. (The real kind, not the egg tortillas.) Make the night before and pop it in the oven a half hour before meal time.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Caitlin Wiltshire
- 1 pkg sausage
- 8 oz canned blended tomatoes fire roasted if possible
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced chili pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
MethodIn a large skillet, melt butter on medium-high. Fully cook turkey sausage. Add potatoes and peppers, and cook until soft. Mix in tomatoes, herbs, spices, salt and pepper to taste.
Heat until most liquid is gone. Pour into casserole dish. Refrigerate overnight if desired.
Crack eggs on top of tomato mixture. Cover with shredded cheese. Bake at 375ºF for 30 minutes, or until eggs are at desired doneness. Serve with toast, corn tortillas, or cornbread.