Serve With: Couscous
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March, 2002
- 1 orange
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 4 (1 lb/500g total) halibut fillets or steaks
- 4 (1 lb/500g total) salmon fillets or steaks
- 4 cups lightly packed fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
MethodGrate rind from orange to make 2 tsp (10mL); set aside. Cut off ends, remaining rind, pith and outer membrane. Slice orange crosswise and cut slices into quarters; set aside in large bowl.
In dish, whisk together orange rind, onion, hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger. Remove 2 tbsp (25 mL) and add to orange in bowl.
Add fish to dish, turning to coat. Transfer to foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; pour hoisin mixture over top. Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven until opaque and fish flakes easily when tested, 10 to 15 minutes. Broil for 1 minute or until golden.
Meanwhile, trim spinach; tear into bite-size pieces. Add to orange mixture; toss. Serve with fish. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 902 mg
- Protein 28 g
- Calories 218.0
- Total fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 36 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 16 g
- Iron 21.0
- Folate 62.0
- Calcium 12.0
- Vitamin A 44.0
- Vitamin C 60.0