Threaded on skewers, this take on Beef Bulgogi makes for an easy appetizer, or serve over rice with your favourite veg for a family dinner.
- Portion size 10 servings
- Credits : L Silver
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot minced
- 1/4 cup sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tightly-packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili paste
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak partly thawed
MethodMix all ingredients except steak in a medium bowl, and reserve 3 tbsp of mixture.
Slice steak across the grain into 1/4-inch thick strips. Toss steak in marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Discard marinade and thread meat onto 20 large skewers.
Arrange skewers cross-wise on foil-lined baking sheet so that meat is suspended. Broil 2-3 minutes per side. Brush skewers with reserved marinade and serve.
Optional: Dress up your dish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onion.