Serve this rustic, warming dinner with wilted spinach or rapini.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2005
- 8 lamb loin chops trimmed (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Sprinkle lamb chops with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt and pepper.
In large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chops. Transfer to plate.
Drain fat from pan; add remaining oil. Fry onion, garlic, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
Add beans and stock; bring to boil. Place chops on beans; bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes; bake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 439 mg
- Protein 35 g
- Calories 402.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 90 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 38 g
- Iron 37.0
- Folate 32.0
- Calcium 9.0
- Vitamin A 3.0
- Vitamin C 18.0