Gnocchi serve as potato dumplings in this delicious heartwarming soup.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2012
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrots diced
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg (900 ml) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 cup packaged fresh gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
MethodIn large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook celery, onion, carrot, leek, ginger and salt, stirring often, until softened, 7 minutes.
Add broth and 2 cups water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes.
Add gnocchi; simmer until gnocchi float to the top and are firm to the touch, 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, and lemon zest and juice.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 652 mg
- Protein 4 g
- Calories 132.0
- Total fat 4 g
- Potassium 330 mg
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 21 g
- Iron 5.0
- Folate 9.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 32.0
- Vitamin C 30.0