- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine, May, 2010
- 2 trout cleaned (about 2 lb/1 kg total)
- 3/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 limes
- 14 gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 20 sprigs fresh coriander
- 2 red finger hot peppers halved
MethodSprinkle insides of fish with 2 mL each (or half) of the salt and pepper. Place in shallow greased roasting pan. Rub all over with oil and lime juice.
Slice 1 of the limes. Stuff lime slices, ginger, garlic, coriander and red chili peppers into fish cavities. Sprinkle outsides with remaining salt and pepper.
Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven until flesh flakes easily when tested with fork, about 25 minutes.
Transfer fish and any juices to platter. Peel back skin; lift each fillet off bones. Quarter remaining lime; serve with fish.
Nutritional facts per serving: about
- Sodium 484 mg
- Protein 32 g
- Calories 245.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Potassium 705 mg
- Cholesterol 91 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 1 g
- Iron 4.0
- Folate 7.0
- Calcium 10.0
- Vitamin A 12.0
- Vitamin C 8.0