A Mediterranean-style potato salad pairs deliciously with grilled chicken or any summer barbecue favourite.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2006
- 30 mini new red potatoes scrubbed (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green olive
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
In saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes just until fork-tender, about 10 minutes; drain and let cool.
Dressing: Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil until blended.
Quarter or halve potatoes; add to dressing along with red pepper, celery, olives and green onions. Gently toss to coat well. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.)