This makes a crisp crust with the complex flavours of whole grains and seeds.
- Portion size 35 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2007
- 1 3/4 cup multigrain bread flour
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds (such as flax, sunflower and sesame)
- 2 teaspoons quick rising (instant) dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup hot (120 F/50 C) water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
MethodIn bowl, combine multigrain and all-purpose flours, seeds, yeast and salt. With wooden spoon, gradually stir in water and oil until ragged dough forms, using hands if necessary.
Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead for about 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease all over. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate unrisen dough and let rise for 24 hours. Or freeze in plastic bag for up to 1 month; let thaw and rise in refrigerator overnight.)