- Portion size 4 servings
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetabIe oil
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet green pepper or 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
In plastic bag, combine flour and pepper. Add chicken; shake to coat. Reserve remaining flour mixture. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over, about 10 minutes. Remove to plate; set aside.
Add onion and garlic to pan; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, carrots, basil, and salt ; cook for 1 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add reserved flour mixture.
Stir in stock and vinegar; bring to boil. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
Serve sprinkled with pepper or parsley.