Zesty wings add flair to a festive table. The yogurt keeps them tender and juicy, but, for crispier wings, broil for the final few minutes.
- Portion size 24 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2009
- 3 lbs chicken wings (about 24 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
MethodCut tips off wings at joint and discard; cut wings at remaining joint.
In large bowl, combine yogurt, rosemary, mustard, oil, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper; add wings, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Roast wings on rack on foil-lined baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven, turning once, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 45 minutes.
Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 104 mg
- Protein 5 g
- Calories 61.0
- Total fat 4 g
- Potassium 48 mg
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 1 g
- Iron 2.0
- Folate 1.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Vitamin A 2.0