An egg-and-ham breakfast is too time-consuming to prepare on weekdays, right? Not necessarily. This strata can be prepared the night before and popped into the oven while you get dressed for work. A single serving will do for a child; adults may want two.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1 1/4 cup cubed bread (preferably whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup shredded light Cheddar-style cheese
- 2 oz cooked ham diced (about 2 slices)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
In small bowl, toss together bread cubes, cheese, ham, red pepper (if using) and onion. Divide evenly among 6 greased muffin cups.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over bread to soak thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 16 hours.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 25 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Protein 9 g
- Calories 115.0
- Total fat 6 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g