Bake Fest 2009.
- Portion size 20 servings
- Credits : Bake Fest 2009
- 1/4 cup Gay Lea Spreadables® Butter (approx)
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Canada Corn Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup BeeHive® Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Canada Corn Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons Gay Lea Spreadables® Butter
- 2 Naturegg�?� Omega 3 Eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup Special Dark chocolate chip
Method1. Beat butter, peanut butter and sugar in bowl until creamy. Stir in flour, cornstarch and salt until well combined and crumbly. Press evenly into bottom of buttered 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until pale golden around edges; set aside.
2. Topping: Stir together corn syrup, cornstarch, baking powder and salt until smooth. Stir in butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Pour over crust. Sprinkle peanuts, and peanut butter and chocolate chips over top.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and just set in the centre. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) squares.