- Portion size 5 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 sweet green peppers chopped
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup raisin
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olive
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In large nonstick skillet, brown beef over medium heat, breaking up with spoon, for about 6 minutes. Skim off any fat.
Add onions; cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and green peppers; cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are softened.
Mix tomato paste with water; stir into beef mixture. Stir in raisins, olives, capers and Worcestershire sauce; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.