With a crunchy golden coating, these chops will please everyone, especially the children. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans or broccoli.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2005
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 green onions minced
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 pork loin centre chops trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
In bowl, combine mustard, mayonnaise and green onions. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil and garlic.
Slash edges of pork chops to prevent curling; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In large ovenproof skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; brown chops. Drain off fat.
Spread mayonnaise mixture over chops; top with bread crumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside and bread crumbs are golden, about 15 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 312 mg
- Protein 26 g
- Calories 260.0
- Total fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 72 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 4 g
- Iron 11.0
- Folate 6.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 1.0
- Vitamin C 7.0