Shredded potatoes make an easy alternative to a dough crust when you're craving comforting spuds. Baking on the bottom rack gives a crispier crust.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 4 baking potatoes peeled (2 lb/1 kg)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cups pasta sauce
- 1/2 sweet green pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushroom
- 2 tablespoons slivered black olives
- 3/4 cups shredded light provolone cheese
- 3/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and let cool. Grate coarsely into large bowl. Add oil, oregano and pepper; toss to combine.
Lightly grease 12-inch (30 cm) round pizza pan; firmly press potatoes evenly over pan. Bake in bottom of 450°F (230°C) oven for 25 minutes or until tender and golden at edges.
Spread potato crust with pasta sauce. Top with green pepper, mushrooms and olives. Sprinkle with provolone and Parmesan cheeses. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 518 mg
- Protein 12 g
- Calories 320.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 9 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 42 g
- Iron 10.0
- Folate 13.0
- Calcium 22.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 47.0