2003 Canada Day Challenge Runner Up - grilled chicken breast sandwiches with berries and soft goat cheese.
- Portion size 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/3 cup diced and hulled Strawberries
- 4 kaiser rolls
- leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- pinch cayenne pepper
Marinade: In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, honey, ginger and cayenne; add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 6 hours.
In small bowl, mash together goat cheese, mayonnaise, basil, vinegar and lemon rind; cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
Discarding marinade, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill until no longer pink inside, about 6 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, stir strawberries into goat cheese mixture. Halve rolls. Sandwich lettuce, chicken and goat cheese mixture in rolls.