Looking for a new flavour combination for a party dip? Here, eggplant and mild roasted garlic are accented with fresh herbs and balsamic vinegar. Serve with crackers, thin slices of toasted bread, breadsticks or vegetables.
- Portion size 500 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 2 eggplants (about 2 lb/1 kg total)
- 6 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
With fork, prick eggplants all over, place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 35 minutes. Add garlic to sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes or until eggplants are very tender and garlic is roasted. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
Peel garlic. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise; with spoon, scoop flesh into food processor along with garlic Add sour cream; pur?until smooth.
Scrape into serving bowl; stir in coriander, basil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.