This stuffing is incredible with salmon. If you don't want to serve fillets, use a
4 lb (2 kg) side of salmon, stuffing it in a slit down the centre. You still bake it for 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Portion size 12 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2007
- 1/2 cup chopped black olive
- 1/2 cup chopped green olive
- 1/2 cup chopped rehydrated sun-dried tomato
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 salmon fillets (4-1/2 lb/2.25 kg total)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
MethodBy hand or in small food processor, finely chop black and green olives, tomatoes, bread crumbs, oil, garlic and mustard; combine well.
Make 1/4-inch (5 mm) deep vertical slit along top of each fillet to within 1/4 inch (5 mm) of each end. Evenly divide filling and stuff into slits. Spray rimmed baking sheet with no-stick vegetable oil; arrange fish on pan. Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 10 minutes per inch (2.5 cm) of thickness.
Garnish: Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 736 mg
- Protein 37 g
- Calories 386.0
- Total fat 22 g
- Cholesterol 112 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 8 g