For pork chops, roasts, goose, duck or sausages, these gingered apple rings make a delicious garnish. For best results, use Northern Spy.
- Portion size 8 servings
- 2 apples (preferably Northern Spy)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Cut unpeeled apples crosswise into 4 rings and remove cores, blossom ends and stems. In heavy skillet, melt butter and saute apple rings on 1 side over medium heat until just lightly browned. Turn carefully.
Blend together sugar, orange juice, peel and ginger and spread over apples. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until apples are tender. Uncover and spoon any pan juices over apple rings. Transfer hot to serving platter.