Although the ingredients may seem to be a departure from the usual pasta dish, you're sure to enjoy its mellow flavour.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup currant
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups radiatore pasta (1 lb/500 g)
- 3 cups diced peeled squashes (1 small butternut)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat; cover and cook garlic, onion, vinegar and sugar, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until onions are softened. Stir in currants, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta and squash for about 8 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm. Reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking water, drain and return to pot. Add reserved cooking water and onion mixture; toss to coat well. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Protein 17 g
- Calories 730.0
- Total fat 17 g
- Total carbohydrate 130 g