2003 Canada Day Challenge Runner Up
- Portion size 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 French bread or Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 romaine lettuce
- 4 red onions
- 1 tomato
- 3/4 cups light mayonnaise
- 1/2 can chipotle pepper minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pepper minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Place each chicken breast between sheets of plastic wrap; pound to even thickness. Set aside.
Marinade: In bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, chipotle pepper and mustard; add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 6 hours.
Chipotle Mayonnaise: In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, chipotle pepper and oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 6 hours.
Discarding marinade, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill until no longer pink inside, about 6 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, cut bread in half horizontally, brush cut sides with oil. Grill, cut sides down, until golden. Spread toasted side with Chipotle Mayonnaise. Sandwich chicken, lettuce, onion and tomato in loaf, cut crosswise into quarters.