Rotisserie chicken adds a pleasant oven-roasted flavour to this soothing vegetable- and-noodle soup. It also cuts prep time dramatically.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2013
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cup small shell pasta (115 g)
- 4 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 3 cups shredded skinless rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook carrots, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
Pour in broth and water; bring to boil. Add pasta; cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Stir in spinach and chicken; cook until chicken is warmed through, about 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional facts per each of 8 servings: about
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 581 mg
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 20 g
- Calories 196.0
- Total fat 7 g
- Potassium 286 mg
- Cholesterol 66 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 14 g
- Iron 11.0
- Folate 27.0
- Calcium 10.0
- Vitamin A 48.0
- Vitamin C 3.0