- Portion size 6 servings
- 1/4 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped
- 3/4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or oil from tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 oz/ 250g)
In mini food processor, chop sun-dried tomatoes finely. Add basil leaves; whirl until finely chopped. Add olive oil and salt; whirl until blended and smooth; stir in garlic.
Place Brie on baking sheet. Top with tomato mixture. (Recipe can be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.) Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts slightly.
For a pasta sauce, whirl in 1/2 cup grated Grana Padano or Romano with olive oil.