This speedy and tasty chicken skillet dish will be the delight of dinnertime.
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 25 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 cup (250 mL) Minute Rice® Instant White Rice , uncooked
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) butter
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh chives
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook chicken and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until almost cooked through.
Stir in peppers, mustard, lemon juice and hot sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for about 3 minutes or until liquid is almost all evaporated and chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, in saucepan, bring broth, butter and salt to boil. Stir in rice and turn off heat. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
Serve chicken alongside rice; sprinkle with chives.
Tip: You can replace the peppers with 2 cups (500 mL) of any of your favourite precooked vegetables, such as sliced carrots, sliced onions or broccoli florets.
Nutritional facts Per serving
- Fibre 0 g
- Sodium 810 mg
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 32 g
- Calories 320
- Total fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 80 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 28 g