Not your traditional Caesar, this salad is updated with a little twist: It's composed rather than tossed.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2011
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb/450 g)
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak spice
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 anchovy fillets minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
MethodIn bowl, toss chicken with half of the oil and the steak spice; let stand for 10 minutes.
In large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, turning once, until golden brown and no longer pink inside, 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice crosswise.
Meanwhile, trim end of each lettuce, leaving core attached. Quarter each head lengthwise through core.
Vinaigrette: In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, vinegar, anchovies, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Arrange 2 lettuce quarters on each plate; top with chicken. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with Parmesan.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 479 mg
- Protein 38 g
- Calories 406.0
- Total fat 23 g
- Potassium 1200 mg
- Cholesterol 87 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 13 g
- Iron 29.0
- Folate 196.0
- Calcium 18.0
- Vitamin A 274.0
- Vitamin C 138.0