- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) cubed butternut squash
- 2 -125 g cups Minute Rice® Ready to Serve Long Grain and Wild Rice Chicken Flavour
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded stemmed kale
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken or turkey (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚F). Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Stir together oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Toss squash with 4 tsp (20 mL) of the dressing; arrange on prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, heat rice according to package directions.
Toss warm rice with hot roasted squash and kale until kale wilts; toss with remaining dressing. Stir in chicken (if using) and dried cranberries.
Tip: Roast 1 chopped apple along with butternut squash if desired. This dish is just as delicious with sweet potato or pumpkin substituted for the butternut squash.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings
- Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 350 mg
- Sugars 7 g
- Protein 17 g
- Calories 280
- Total fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 35 mg
- Total carbohydrate 30 g