Red Pepper Corn Bread Muffins
This recipe makes 12 servings
|Per muffin: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 12
Check out the Canadian Living Test Kitchen video to see how easy this recipe is.
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupscornmeal
- 1 cup 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsbuttermilk
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter, melted
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped sweet red pepper
1. Grease or line muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
2. In large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, coriander, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter; pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with red pepper; stir just until moistened. Spoon into prepared cups.
3. Bake in centre of 400°F (200°C) oven until tops are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let stand in pan for 2 minutes. Serve warm or transfer to rack to let cool. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 24 hours or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)