Roasted Curry Cauliflower Dip
This recipe makes 30 2 tbsp (25 mL) servings
|Per 2 tbsp (25 mL) : about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 3 cups (750 mL)
Roasting the cauliflower brings out a depth of flavour in this gorgeous dip. Serve this hint-of-curry spread with pappadams, crudités or Poppy Seed Crackers.
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupBalkan-style plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp 1tspcurry powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspground cumin
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspground coriander
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspginger
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 head 1headcauliflower, (2-1/2 lb/1.25 kg)
- 1 1large oniononions, cut into eighths
- 6 6cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- 3 tbsp 3tbspchopped fresh coriander or fresh chives
In large bowl, stir together 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the yogurt, oil, curry powder, salt, cumin, coriander, ginger and pepper. Cut cauliflower into florets; add to yogurt mixture along with onion and garlic, tossing to coat.
Spread on large foil-lined baking sheet; roast in 425°F (220°C) oven, stirring once, until tender and browned, about 40 minutes. Let cool.
In food processor, purée cauliflower mixture, remaining yogurt and lemon juice until fairly smooth with a few chunks. Stir in coriander. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.)
Source : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2009