Roasted Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
Although it takes a little time for the vegetables to roast, you can set the table and toss a salad in the meantime. Then you can finish this simple soup in minutes.
- 3 3sweet red peppersweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 2sweet potatosweet potatoes, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups/1 L
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 3 3cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp 1tspdried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 4 cups 4cupssodium-reduced chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupBalkan-style plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
In roasting pan, toss together red peppers, potatoes, onion, garlic, oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven, stirring once, until tender and golden at edges, about 1 hour.
In food processor, purée vegetables with stock, in batches; strain into large pot. Whisk in 1 cup (250 mL) water. (Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate, uncovered, in airtight container until cold. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)
Bring soup to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir yogurt with parsley. Serve dollops on bowls of soup.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2007