- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 30 minutes
- Total time : PT45M
- Portion size: 6 servings
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||15 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
Cost: $4.45 per serving
- 4 4large beetbeets, (optional)
- 3 3potatopotatoes, peeled
- 2 2white turnipwhite turnips, peeled
- 3 3carrotcarrots
- 2 cups 2cupsbite-size cauliflower floretcauliflower florets
- 1 1cucumbercucumbers
- 6 oz 6ozsliced ham
- 1 1head Bibb lettuce or romaine lettuce
- 4 4hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh dill Dressing:
- 3/4 cup 3/4cuplight mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup 3/4cuplight sour cream
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupprepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped fresh chivefresh chives or green onions
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt and pepper
In large pot of boiling water, cook beets (if using) until fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool; slip off skins. Cut into cubes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes and turnips for 10 minutes.
Add carrots; cook, covered, until vegetables are just tender, about 15 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to ice water and chill; drain well.
Add cauliflower to pot; cook until tender-crisp, 2 to 5 minutes. Drain and chill in ice water; drain well.
Cube potatoes and turnips. Halve carrots lengthwise. Peel cucumber; cut lengthwise into quarters and remove seeds. Cut carrots and cucumber crosswise on bias into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Cut ham (if using) into thin strips.
Dressing: In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the chives, the horseradish, salt and pepper. Add potatoes, turnips, carrots, cauliflower and cucumber; stir to coat well.
Trim and separate lettuce into leaves; line shallow serving bowl. Top with vegetable mixture. Arrange eggs, beets and ham over top; sprinkle with dill and remaining chives.
Source : August 2010