Photography by Jim Norton
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||15 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 30 minutes
- Total time : PT40M
- Portion size: 4
- 8 oz 8ozskinless salmon filletskinless salmon fillets
- 1 tsp 1tspvegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 tbsp 1tbspghee or vegetabIe oil
- 1 1small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp 2tspminced gingerroot
- 2 tsp 2tspcurry powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspturmeric
- 3 3cardamom podcardamom pods, broken (optional)
- 1 1bay leafbay leaves
- 1 cup 1cupbasmati rice
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupssodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 cup 1cupfrozen peas
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh coriander or fresh parsley
- 5 5hard-cooked eggeggs, quartered
On greased baking sheet, brush salmon with oil; sprinkle with half each of the salt and pepper. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven until fish flakes easily when tested, about 20 minutes. Flake into about 2-inch (5 cm) chunks; set aside.
Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat ghee over medium heat; cook onion until softened and golden, about 8 minutes.
Stir in ginger, curry powder, turmeric, cardamom pods (if using), bay leaf, and remaining salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in rice; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add broth and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender and no liquid remains, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in peas and coriander; let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
Gently stir in salmon. Transfer to platter; arrange eggs on top.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2010