Shrimp and Vegetable Stir-Fry
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve over rice for a quick, healthy meal.
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupsodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 tbsp 2tbspChinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp 2tspcornstarch
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
- 1 pinch 1pinchhot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced gingerroot
- 1 lb 1lblarge shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz 8ozsnow peasnow peas, trimmed
- 1 can 1canbaby corn, drained
- 1 1large carrotcarrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 tsp 1tspsesame oil
In glass measure, whisk together broth, cooking wine, cornstarch, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes; set aside.
In wok or large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry green onions and ginger until fragrant, 1 minute. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink, about 4 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Heat remaining oil in wok over medium-high heat; stir-fry peas, corn and carrot until tender-crisp, 3 minutes.
Add shrimp mixture. Whisk in broth mixture; boil, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Drizzle with sesame oil.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2009