Spring Salad Cups with Tarragon Dressing
Spring Salad Cups With Tarragon Dressing
Photography by Matthew Kimura
This recipe makes 12 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 12
Bright, fresh and prettily cupped on a platter, this appetizer is guaranteed to please both in looks and taste.
- 2 heads 2headsBibb or Boston lettuce
- 8 cups 8cupsbaby spinach or mixed baby greens
- 8 8radishradishes, thinly sliced
- 3 3green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced Tarragon Dressing:
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupextra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplight mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp 1tbspwhite wine vinegar
- 2 tsp 2tspDijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- Pinch Pinchpepper
Tarragon Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together oil, mayonnaise, tarragon, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days; whisk.)
Separate lettuce leaves; set aside 12 of the best large cups. Tear remaining lettuce into bite-size pieces; place in large bowl. Add spinach and half each of the radishes and green onions. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.) Add dressing; toss to coat.
Mound salad in each lettuce cup. Sprinkle with remaining radishes and green onions.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2006