Steamed Vegetables with Sage
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per each of 8 servings: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 6 to 8
Healthful and equally delicious served hot or at room temperature, this dairy-free dish is colourful and fresh-tasting.
- 4 4carrotcarrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) chunks
- 2 cups 2cupscauliflower floretcauliflower florets
- 2 cups 2cupsbroccoli floretbroccoli florets
- 2 cups 2cupssugar snap peasugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp 2tspminced fresh sage
- 2 tsp 2tspwhite balsamic vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgrated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
In steamer or Dutch oven with 1 inch (2.5 cm) deep water, cover and steam carrots for 8 minutes.
Add cauliflower, broccoli and peas to basket; steam, covered, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small microwaveable bowl, whisk together oil, sage, vinegar, lemon rind, salt and pepper; microwave at high for 30 seconds or until warm. Serve over vegetables.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2007