Sweet Corn and Blueberry Corn Bread
This recipe makes 10 servings
|Per each of 10 servings: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- Portion size: 8 to 10
This unusual yet seasonal match of blueberries and corn is ideal for brunch or with afternoon tea.
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupscornmeal
- 1 cup 1cupall-purpose flour
- 2 tsp 2tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1 cup 1cupcooked, thawed or canned corn kernels
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppacked brown sugar
- 1 cup 1cupbuttermilk
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupunsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupscultivated blueberryblueberries or wild blueberries
- 2 tsp 2tspgranulated sugar
In large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt ; set aside.
In food processor or blender, pur?corn with brown sugar until lumpy. Add buttermilk and eggs; pur?to combine, about 5 seconds.
Make well in flour mixture; pour in corn mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in butter; fold in blueberries. Pour into greased 9-inch (23 cm) glass pie plate, smoothing top. Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven until deep golden and cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2008