Photography by Matthew Kimura
This recipe makes 4 portions servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve this hearty salad with light and crispy Pan-Roasted Garlic Toasts (see recipe link below).
- 1 cup 1cupmedium or coarse bulgur
- 1 can (19oz) 1can (19oz)drained and rinsed chickpeachickpeas
- 2 2tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup 1cupdiced English cucumberEnglish cucumbers
- 1 cup 1cupminced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped green oniongreen onions
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh mint Dressing
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 2 2clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
In saucepan, bring 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) water to boil; stir in bulgur. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until no liquid remains. Transfer to large bowl, fluffing with fork. Let cool to room temperature.
Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, onions and mint.
Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over bulgur mixture and toss to combine.
Serve with: Pan-Roasted Garlic Toasts
Additional information :
Substitution: Use 1 lb (500 g) peeled and deveined grilled large shrimp or chicken strips instead of the chickpeas.